Are you an Agitator or an Innovator? Have thoughts on what needs to take place to truly Evolve?
If yes, The Fenway Alliance invites you to submit a video for a chance to audition at the Second Annual PreXFenway. This year, we seek video submissions on the TEDxFenway theme Agitate/Innovate/Evolve.
In partnership with the Huntington Theatre Company, the Fenway Alliance will audition ten finalists for this year’s TEDxFenway: Agitate/Innovate/Evolve at the historic BU Theatre on Huntington Avenue. Two finalists will be selected by a panel of judges to speak at the official TEDxFenway. The event will take place on Monday, May 4, 2015, from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Please RSVP to the event HERE.
The Selection Process
- All interested candidates must submit a short video clip (2-minutes max), or a 200-300-word description on the proposed talk. Please email an unlisted YouTube link or written submission to Mina Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 15, 2015. On Youtube, when changing the setting the privacy settings, make sure to change it from Public to Unlisted.
- 10 Finalists will be selected to audition at a live event, PreXFenway, by April 20. Finalists will be required to prepare a 6-8 minute talk for the live event
- 2 TEDxFenway speakers will be selected by the PreXFenway judges and will be announced at the end of the event
- The 2 selected Wild Card winners will prepare 8-10 minute TEDxFenway talks for the official TEDxFenway on Tuesday, May 19, 2015
- All 10 finalists will receive a Fenway Cultural District Gift
What is TEDxFenway: Agitate/Innovate/Evolve?
Please submit a 2-minute video on how you relate to TEDxFenway: Agitate/Innovate/Evolve. We want to hear from people who have experienced and understand the oftentimes-complex process of moving past the status quo, and have addressed the necessary changes needed to promote progress. Rather than highlighting the end result or product of success, share insights on the behind-the-scenes actions of problem-solving, consensus-building, backtracking, loss of ground, and reassessment of past progress that leads to true evolution. Perhaps you are an “agitator” who has stepped in to introduce ideas uncomfortable to the mainstream. Or maybe you have had to redirect an idea back to its source to evaluate the foundation and applicability of an obsolete solution. Either way, we know the path toward innovation is far from smooth, and we want to show how some of Boston’s innovators have influenced the evolution of design, technology, education, social justice, healthcare, and the arts and culture.
We are currently accepting applications and video submissions for PreXFenway through Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 11:59PM EST.
To RSVP to the event, please click HERE.
Please contact Mina Kim at email@example.com