We will be following our rain plan. Please note any changes in location or time.
Boston’s Largest Day of Free Arts and Culture Events!
Opening Our Doors brings together our members and community partners in a day of free cultural offerings for the entire family. Alliance institutions and partners host activities ranging from musical and dance performances to historic tours and lectures, special “behind-the-scenes” looks at Alliance institutions, walking tours of The Fenway, and much more. We come together annually as a community to prove that art can and should be participatory. We encourage you to join in the creation of art and to be active as an artist, performer, and audience member.
Join us October 9th, 2017 from 10:00am to 4:00pm for 80+ art, music, and cultural happenings–all free and all in the Fenway! The day kicks off at 10am on the Christian Science Plaza, at 235 Huntington Avenue. A complimentary trolley will shuttle visitors to programming at key sites including Evans Way Park and Northeastern’s Krentzman Quad.
A Few Highlights:
- American Therapy Booth, an interactive art installation at Evans Way by Julie Ann Otis
- Paint & Play Pianos at SMFA and the Christian Science Plaza
- Interactive Dry-Erase Mural by ARCK at the Christian Science Plaza
- Performances and activities at Northeastern University’s Krentzman Quadrangle by students from Berklee College of Music, Boston University, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, Emerson College, Northeastern University, and more!
- Performances by ZUMIX, Trillfit, Z-Spot, Bristol Studios, Bostons Childrens Chorus, Hyde Square Task Force, Sociedad Latina, Zili Misik, and more!
Check out the event on Facebook!
*festival will take place rain or shine
Learn more from our interview on BNN News!
Browse Previous Years: