Download our full schedule here: Opening Our Doors 2018 Brochure
Hard copies of the schedule and brochure will be available at locations throughout the Fenway on Saturday October 6, Sunday October 7, and at Opening Our Doors on Monday October 8!
Boston’s Largest Day of Free Arts and Culture Events!
Opening Our Doors brings together our members and community partners in a day of free cultural offerings for the entire family. Alliance institutions and partners host activities ranging from musical and dance performances to historic tours and lectures, special “behind-the-scenes” looks at Alliance institutions, walking tours of The Fenway, and much more. We come together annually as a community to prove that art can and should be participatory. We encourage you to join in the creation of art and to be active as an artist, performer, and audience member.
Join us October 8th, 2018 from 10:00am to 4:00pm for 80+ art, music, and cultural happenings–all free and all in the Fenway! The day kicks off at 10am at the First Church of Christ Scientist and Mary Baker Eddy Library, at 200 Huntington Ave/Avenue of the Arts. A complementary trolley will shuttle visitors to programming at key sites including Evans Way Park and the Museum of Fine Arts Boston. Come to the Kick-Off at 10 AM for a performance by Boston Children’s Chorus, a New Orleans-style front line parade, and free cupcakes from Oakleaf Cakes!
- Performances by New England Conservatory, Wheelock Family Theatre @ BU, TrillFit, Bow Sim Mark Tai Chi Arts Academy, Boston Children’s Chorus, Eon Dance Troupe, Kaliente Dance Troupe, Austin Bradford Burns, Madrigal Singers at Northeastern University, Sociedad Latina, Zili Misik, the Hot Tamale Brass Band, and more!
- FOG x FLO installation by Fujiko Nakaya at the Emerald Necklace Conservancy and guided walk of the Back Bay Fens
- Interactive community mural activity led by Artist Kayla Arias
- “Build Mass Ave” interactive sculpture activity with the Boston Society of Architects at the Mary Baker Eddy Library
- Rhythm & Dance Parade by Grooversity at Evans Way Park at 11am
- “Three Deliberate Grays for Freddie (A Memorial for Freddie Gray)” public art installation at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum with a memorial tribute performances by the Hamilton-Garrett Music and Arts Academy Choir
- Mask making and theatre arts workshops by Creative Spirit
- Indoor Kite Flying by Archie Stewart & Co. at the YMCA on Huntington Ave/Avenue of the Arts
Check out the event on Facebook!
*festival will take place rain or shine