During the month of October, Sparkle and Chime, a temporary art installation, will be exhibited in Evans Way Park, directly adjacent to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, as part of the 13th Annual Opening Our Doors hosted by The Fenway Alliance. The installation has beautiful light-refracting and auditory elements that complement the landscape of the Fenway Cultural District, and we invite photographers of all skill sets to submit photos of Sparkle and Chime to the 2014 Evans Way Park installation Photography Contest.
Sparkle and Chime is designed by architect Jean Kim, and his team at Shepley Bulfinch. The installation has been made possible through support from The Fenway Alliance and Shepley Bulfinch.
The 2014 Evans Way Park Installation Photography Contest is open to photographers at least 18 years of age. The contest is open to all participants regardless of residence or citizenship.
– Every photo must have a title and name and be submitted digitally.
– If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to The Fenway Alliance upon request. Entrants must not submit images that infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
– Photos must be real – limited manipulation and enhancement! Do not digitally enhance or alter photographs beyond the basics needed to achieve realistic color balance and sharpness. The Fenway Alliance and Shepley Bulfinch reserve the right to disqualify overly enhanced photos.
– Stitched panoramas, time lapse photography, and phot collages are welcomed.
– Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are allowed.
– Photos may be inconspicuously watermarked but these will be covered for judging purposes.
– Photos capturing different times of day and weather are encouraged.
Size and Format for Submission
– Please submit TIFF or JPEG file format.
– Files should be 600dpi, 18” x 24” minimum.
– File naming convention: (sc_lastname_firstname_title.tiff).
– Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 11:59PM, October 31, 2014.
– Photos should be uploaded to a file sharing site such as your FTP site or Dropbox. Please share the link with:
– Do not email the actual photo file!
A Gift Card to a Fenway Cultural District Destination Valued at $100
Free Pass to The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
Over the course of the competition and beyond, The Fenway Alliance and Shepley Bulfinch reserve the right to post photographs submitted to media sites including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and various news outlets. Photographs with credit may also be placed on Fenway Culture Boston Facebook page and website Fenwayculture.org
You will retain rights to any photographs you submit — including ownership if applicable. You only grant The Fenway Alliance rights to your photograph if you are honored by the competition as a finalist, runner up or first place winner. Before you are formally honored by the competition, The Fenway Alliance will contact you to confirm that you wish to grant us rights to your image as described below. The Fenway Alliance and Shepley Bulfinch do reserve the rights to use photos for internal and external marketing purposes.
If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as a finalist, runner up or first place winner, you grant The Fenway Alliance and Shepley Bulfinch a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the photo contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
As conditions of this permission, The Fenway Alliance and Shepley Bulfinch shall credit all photographs with the caption “© Person’s Name” when the full name is available.