Join us October 8th, 2018 from 10:00am to 4:00pm for 80+ art, music, and cultural happenings–all free and all in the Fenway! The day kicks off at 10am at the First Church of Christ Scientist and Mary Baker Eddy Library, at 200 Huntington Ave/Avenue of the Arts. A complementary trolley will shuttle visitors to programming at key sites including Evans Way Park and the Museum of Fine Arts Boston. Come to the Kick-Off at 10 AM for a performance by Boston Children’s Chorus, a New Orleans-style front line parade, and free cupcakes from Oakleaf Cakes!
- Performances by New England Conservatory, Wheelock Family Theatre @ BU, TrillFit, Bow Sim Mark Tai Chi Arts Academy, Boston Children’s Chorus, Eon Dance Troupe, Kaliente Dance Troupe, Austin Bradford Burns, Madrigal Singers at Northeastern University, Sociedad Latina, ZiliMisik, the Hot Tamale Brass Band, and more!
- FOG x FLO installation by Fujiko Nakaya at the Emerald Necklace Conservancy and guided walk of the Back Bay Fens
- Interactive community mural activity led by Artist Kayla Arias
- “Build Mass Ave” interactive sculpture activity with the Boston Society of Architects at the Mary Baker Eddy Library
- Rhythm & Dance Parade by Grooversityat Evans Way Park at 11am
- “Three Deliberate Grays for Freddie (A Memorial for Freddie Gray)” public art installation at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum with a memorial tribute performances by the Hamilton-Garrett Music and Arts Academy Choir
- Mask making and theatre arts workshops by Creative Spirit
- Indoor Kite Flying by Archie Stewart & Co. at the YMCA on Huntington Ave/Avenue of the Arts
We hope to see you there!